Welcome to Kampala! Are you ready to experience the city like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure! Get the A-Z about Kampala and Uganda in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the languages, the seven hills and answers to all your other questions
City Tour Time: Between 2-5 hours depending on your preference of places to visit and time available.
Payment: Made in cash to Walter at the end of the tour either in US dollars or in Uganda shillings.
Safety: Helmets are provided for all passengers.
When: Every day – bookings should be made a day in advance. A boda driver guide will meet you at your house/hotel. We offer free pickups and also drop you any where you want as long as it’s not more than 12 km from the city!
- Groups (3 persons – each on own boda): 360,000 UGX or $100.
- Groups (4 persons): 440,000 UGX or $125. For groups with more people request a quote.
- Executive (1 person on boda plus driver): 100,000 UGX or $35.
- Shared (2 persons on boda plus driver) 190,000 or $65.
*For those who wish to have their ‘boda boda’ tour in a car – this can be arranged either in your car or with your own car – price can be discussed but is generally 250,000 UGX or $110 and add an additional 75,000 (or $32) for each additional person.
*There are entrance fees for some of the stops listed below. Bring extra money based on where you would like to enter.
*For those that want self-drive motor bikes the tour cost is 150,000 UGX or $65 per bike. Petrol is included.
- Downtown: Constitutional Square, Freedom Square,
- Food: Stop for a meal in Old Kampala, a cheap roadside rolex, or Ethiopian in Kabalagala.
- Gaddafi Mosque (best view of Kampala!): Entry: 10,000 UGX or $4
- Market: Craft Market or Owino Market
- Kololo & Nakasero Neighbourhoods
- Hindu Temple (only building in Kampala where no nails were used in the construction!)
- Bahai Temple
- Mengo Hill: King’s Lake, The Royal Mile, The New Scottish Parliament, King’s
- Palace (Idi Amin’s Torture Chamber & History of the Buganda Kingdom, Buganda Museum, famous bark cloth market – Walter will tutor you on
- bargaining!) Entry: 10,000 UGX OR $4
- UNESCO World Heritage Site (Kasubi Royal Tombs where last 4 kings of Buganda are buried): 10,000 UGX OR $4
*Note: the Kasubi Royal Tombs burned in 2010 and are only visited if time allows.
*Note: Ugandan shillings are necessary in order to pay entry fees.